Find a childminder for your child? Not easy ! Here are our tips to find the one you need for you and your child and our tips to make sure everything happens when you find it.
- 1. Get yourself at your town hall, your PMI, your Caf or on the website www.particulieremploi.fr, a list of approved maternal assistants near you.
- 2. Get in touch with a maternal assistant over the phone, trust your first impressions. A nice voice and a warm approach are a good sign.
- 3. At the first appointment, observe how she welcomes your child. Is she interested in him? Does she take him in his arms?
- 4. Do you both seem to be leaving? Offer him a second appointment with your child's father and, if possible, in the presence of his spouse and children if he has one.
- 5. The nanny should be able to detail a typical day. Do not hesitate to approach the security at home, the mode of feeding, the conditions of naps, outings, TV ... Does she accept sick children? So many questions that it is better to have the answer before you start.
- 6. Have you made your choice? Establish the contract of employment, written and obligatory. You will specify the precise hours and the salary, the dates of holidays, the taking care of the meals ... Often primary source of conflict, the question of the schedules is important. His and yours must be compatible. In case of delay on your part, she must be able to leave you a margin. Do not forget the holidays. The National Collective Agreement for maternal assistants of the Individual-employer opens the possibility for the maternal assistant to choose the date of her vacation while planning a few months before.