To be attentive, to understand, to memorize, to make full use of one's abilities ... all this is a know-how that can be taught at home.
1. It does not support failure!
- Today's children no longer have the taste of effort. We do not frustrate them, we rarely tell them "no". They press a button and they get what they want in the minute. They do not want any more? Never mind, they move on. With this "zapping generation", that's all, right away. The opposite of concentration.
- But learning can only be done in silence and solitude and the notion of effort is essential to progress. Many students do the exercises for the exercises. They do not have the pleasure of searching and are not in a project of acquisition. To that, an answer: to teach your child to wait, to wait. This is the best service you can give him.
2. He always forgets that he has "pool" (or judo ...)
- This implies that he carries a swimsuit, a towel, a hat ... In short, a bag in addition to his schoolbag. To make your child autonomous and get him used to thinking alone about his swimming session, proceed in three stages. First, help him to think and ask himself: "So, it's Wednesday, you have a pool tomorrow, I'm going to prepare your gym bag: what do you need? your swimsuit, your towel, your hat. "
- The next week, ask him to think, "What's going on this week, that's it, you have a pool." And you help him prepare his things. Last step, your child realizes alone: first that he has swimming pool, secondly, that he must have a duly filled sports bag. Finally, you can hope for it ... and check that this is the case.
1 2 3